Sunday, May 10, 2009

Missing my kids

It will be a short post tonight. Seeing that I flew in, white knuckle gripped to the arm rests of the plane early this evening, and work starts at nine, but my day starts at 6am and won't end till way after 9pm tomorrow.
I went to my Grandpas funeral this weekend and it was fun in good way. I miss my Grandpa terribly, but as I saw my many cousins that I have not seen in over a decade, I could see things he left in each and every one of us, whether its my bald cousins head or an expression on one of their faces or a kind word that one said to another. I had fun playing, "What's my name" with many of my cousins. They could all identify me as the youngest girl of my family, and my name started with a K. (which really wouldn't be that hard!) Only a few got it right, and most of those were around my age not older. Given I am the second youngest out of the Norma Grand kids. (My Grandma Carma has 3 kids, who have 6 kids now...) And to my fault, I did confuse my cousin Tom with my cousin Sam. I'm sorry but when they both smile really wide the smile looks the same, and I know their personalities are completely opposite, but both still very good men! After all this I did find out which one of them had been changing the radio station at our house when they came to visit while growing up. (Tom FYI) I saw so many kids from 1 to 16 that I had never seen that are indeed some how related. As I watched all the kids running around and playing, I missed my 3 little kids at home with the other set of grandparents. I even accidentally had something with nuts in it and even though it was one of the few times I can, when I'm not around my son, I could have it. I honestly would have rather given up the delicacy of a nut for having my son with me. So because of work I had to fly home today to work tomorrow, and I'm not an especially good flyer. The last time prior to flying to this I was flying home because I was in a car accident in California, and was still quite dizzy (had about the equilibrium of a drunk with out the fuzzy vision or lack or reality) from the accident when I did fly. So, not because of work, but because I wanted so badly to see my sweet 3 little faces, I held on for the hour flight to see them all sooner. Although I got some killer mother day gifts (post coming..) the best Mothers day gift I got was the 3 little sleeping angels in the other rooms.

No comments:

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.