Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baptism

As a current events updates, I now have an 8 year old daughter, and a 6 year old son, and still a 3 year old daughter for another 2 months. :) For other big news, Ali was baptized today. It was a great day! I got to see family and enjoy their company, feed them lots of food, and watch them interact. It was sad in that my sister Karen and her family were not able to come because of sick kids, and my sister Kaylene and her family because quite frankly if they could keep flying every where every 2 months for one family occasion or another I would be worried for them. We were fortunate enough to have my Grandma Carma here. It was very nice to see her, and I think she brought some one with her, that still loves her very much.

On that note, let me side track back to my memories of my baptism. You see I have dimples. They are very prominent when I smile or even slightly smile. I hated my dimples growing up. They brought attention to me when I didn't want be noticed. Around that same time frame I remember watching a movie done by Disney, with a title with something to do with "The girl who spelled Freedom" I could be wrong on the title, not entirely important to the story any way. I remembered when I watched that movie that the mom who had dimples when she smiled with her lips curled in, her dimples didn't show (of course in the movie she was choking back tears of pride at the time....) so in my youth, I decided I didn't want my dimples to show for my baptism pictures. *eye roll* ( I wish I had a scanner to show you how the pictures ended up turning out.) So as my sister Karen tries to coax a real smile out of me unsuccessfully, I kept telling her that I was smiling. Well the pictures ended up looking like I was frowning...and low and behold, BOTH dimples were showing anyways!!!
Then on the road trip back home I ended up doing or saying something mean to my sister Kaylene in the car, and she piped in right away to me "Oh! You already have something to repent for!" Oh dear! If you knew me as a child, you could imagine how quiet and upset I was for the next few hours after that. My poor family!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh wow! Congrats!!! I can't believe she's already 8!!!!!!!!

Linda said...

But, your dimples are sooo cute! Gosh, I can't believe you have an 8 year old either!

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.