Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reflections & Lemon juice

So my huge thing to blog about right now is that Ali won an honorable mention on her reflections poem today!!! There were over 150 entries from her school alone this year, so I take honorable mention very seriously! :) Not to mention the fact that a kid who made a model out of paper and sticks of a space shuttle about 4 feet long, also only got an honorable mention.... Any ways.

Now for the lemon juice. As those of you who know me well, and know my kids pretty well, know that the younger two have a tendency to have weak stomachs, which will cause them to vomit repeatedly till the offender is completely out of their system. (I wonder....there also the two with food allergies.....association maybe?) For that reason of spontaneous vomiting that will occasionally occur in my home I try to keep things like Poweraid (sorry not a Gatorade fan) in my home. I happened to have one left in the fridge, that a child here has some how opened and started drinking with out me being aware. So noticing today that it was opened, figured I might as well let them all have whats left. I split it up in a few glasses for each of the three to have some. There wasn't much left, so Brie after having finished hers found a large bottle of lemon juice in my fridge and insisted that she wanted some. Trev soon decided that he wanted to try some too. So each of them got about 1/2 teaspoonful of lemon juice. Both of them insisted that they liked and wanted it more, despite the extreme puckers on both of their faces that made them contort their bodies. Now I'm going to have to watch the level of the lemon juice apparently in the fridge too.

No comments:

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.