Friday, November 28, 2008

Muddy kids in November!!!

To be completely honest it is my own fault. I was the one who didn't turn the wheel barrow upside down back when I knew it would be raining. My kids wanted to go outside, so I let them, and went out back with them. I thought they were just going to play on the swing set while I pulled a few new emerged weeds.(Yes I did find new weeds in November.) My youngest discovered the wheel barrow with all of the rain water in it and showed my son, who said "Oh, look a pond." Pond..... I guess since they first added dirt from underneath the deck and rocks into it first, that could be a semi-accurate description. I didn't worry thinking there hands might get a little cold and I would pull the plug on it shortly anyways, why not let them have some fun. Ali, being a true girl, and a truly good kid, warned me what they were doing, and when I said not to worry about it, left it at that but refused to get herself dirty like her younger siblings. Ali even started helping me pull weeds until she said it was hurting her hands. Next thing I know I hear water flowing, and Brie giggling and Trev belly laughing. Apparently Trev and Brie decided that it was time to expand the size of the pond by pouring the water out on to the dry dirt around it. Brie was in direct path of the water, but she only backed up long enough for the whole contents to make a huge muddy pond which she and Trev decided to jump in. And Jump in. And JUMP in. I'm not sure where the shoes start and the mud ends that are the 4 lumps sitting on the deck right now. (I put their clothes, jackets, some of my clothes, in the wash first to get the mud off) I'm still trying to figure out how Brie got sooo much mud in her hair. And I had to run the bath water twice to get the mud off of both of them. To be honest, I don't regret letting them do it. I can't believe how much fun they had! With as much as they were both at each others throats today it was the one time they had fun in common and got along, even in the tub. So beware if you are ever around my kids and mud.... :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I wish I was better at getting past the "they are dirty" and seeing more of the "they are having so much fun being kids" I'm so uptight about things being clean, and not making more messes for me to just have to clean up.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.