Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mother of rockstars.

I had to work long days on both Monday and Tuesday, and hence did not get to see my children after school. I forgot how much I missed seeing them every moment they are awake, and this situation is a prime example of it. As I was driving them home from school on Wednesday I kept hearing the phrase Cheetah something band. I'll have to ask what the exact name was and edit this later. So come to find out they have been having practise in the girls room every day after school in preparation for a concert to be held in their room Wednesday night so I could be there. So before dinner they had to get their outfits ready so they looked like a real band and then they went back in the bedroom and rehearsed it over and over again. Ali asked me if she looked like Hannah Montana, because she layered her skirt with pants. Trev said he had to have a jacket, and Brie just tried to copy Ali. If you can't tell by the picture, the popcorn vacuum is supposed to be a guitar. The duct taped sword is also supposed to be a guitar. Brie was being back up vocals. I can't obviously reduplicate the tune, but I know it started out with Ali singing "Digging in the dirt", then Brie chiming in "all day long", then repeat itself multiple times while Trev added in a few words here and there. They said they were working on another song where Ali was "Riding on a bus", with Brie singing "all day long" after her.
I think I miss my kids "all day long" with moments like these!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's soooo cute! I think I remember doing that at their age, too! Cute kids!!!

Karen said...

That is stinking cute! I so wish that had sound.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.