Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rainy day with out power

We had the fun opportunity to have the power go out this afternoon. Meaning we couldn't watch movies, play electronic games of any sort, and because it was pouring rain outside that left us inside without power. My kids kept asking what we were going to do with out power. My kids found that they could make shadow puppets with a flash light in the dark. They were having so much fun they even started to dance (yes with out music) using the "spot light". I'm not quite sure where they got the idea but the dancing proceeded with every one and the flash light became a strobe light. Then they got a little too wound up and heads were bumped together.
So then my husband decided to teach our oldest two how to play chess. Matt and I are big game players and have quite an assortment of games. When we were first married we played a lot of Othello when it was just us. We finally decided we needed more than just one game we could play by our selves, so here comes the chess story. The first and only time we have ever played chess, in the middle of the game something he did completely pissed me off. Come to think of it I may have been a little on the bad end of the month at the time, and we had one of our biggest arguments in the beginning of our marriage. My husband when he tells people about us playing chess he says "there were lawyers on the phone". So when he suggested teaching Ali and Trev how to play chess, I was kind of surprised. My sons strategy was what pieces can I take off the board of my sisters. My daughters was simply to learn what each piece did and the goal of the game. Maybe that is reminiscent of how we played.... I don't know. My daughter won. No lawyers were called, but my husband and I did not play chess!

No comments:

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.