Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"You are so funny!"

Have I ever mentioned the Cheesy Child I have. Meaning the wild Monkey, the the youngest and best birth control I've ever had? My youngest in other words. This is how my day usually starts. 6:00 am or 6:15 am "MOM! MOM!!! I want to get up!!!" my Brie starts screaming to wake me up to come and get her from her bed. Mind you her bedroom is right next to ours and she is fully capable to get herself up and walk into my room to wake me up. This morning was a little different. 6:30 "...mom...can I get up?"- my son whispering to me!!!! So I get up and move myself to the living room turn on cartoons and start to fall asleep thinking any minute Brie is going to be screaming for me to come get her out of her bed. 7:39!!! It is almost a world record for her! The only exclusion is the one night she was sick and woke up very sick the next morning at about 8:30. But that is not really the funny thing she did today. She has been a little more on the temperamental side lately...or always not sure which yet. Anyways she has been kind of mean to Ali lately and took Alis hat tonight and threw it away from her and walked off. So my husband and I let her know that she needed to shape up and apologize. She did. She has this tendency to say "DON'T look at me!" after she is put back in line. I simply told her that I was her mother and I have every right to look at her when I needed to tonight and she just looked the other way and pouted. So my husband was sitting next to her and was looking at her shoes and just checked to see how much room she had left to grow in them. "Dad, I'm just wiggling my toes! See I'm not wiggling anything else!" she says. Matt tells her that he is just checking to see how her shoes are fitting and then she responds "Oh, you are funny Dad!" I think she got it wrong...she is the funny one!

1 comment:

Krista said...

The joys of tantrums! I'm sorry to say, I don't think she'll lose the attitude. Enjoy it while it's still cute. ;-)

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.