Sunday, May 17, 2009

My sweet Parramore

I am starting to realize that this whole thing is becoming more and more like a journal that is visible to anyone and is some what censored. I'll take that for what it is, and at least be able to say that I am trying. If it means that I feel better about keeping some sort of personal history, it is better than nothing. Having said that I'll continue with the complete randomness that is this blog.
So....what my dear sweet husband got me for mothers day. First of all, knowing that we were going out of town, and realizing that I hadn't been wearing my wedding ring for fear of loosing any other diamond on it (see previous blog for details), had bought me reasonably priced dainty attractive ring before we left. He said he had another gift for me. My husband is horrible at keeping gifts a secret. From day one... Let me start by saying that after we went out to look at rings when we were dating, he dropped me off after me telling him which ones I would really like. He came back and said that he couldn't afford one, and then right there in my living room, after my mother had left the room, got down on one knee and proposed to me. Christmas are similar stories. He asks me every year if I want to know what he's getting me, and my answer always is, "I will wait!". So through out the whole trip in Nevada, he would randomly ask me if I wanted to know what my mothers day gift was. I kept telling him on threats of kicking out of said car, room, locations not to tell me till mothers day. He would laugh and bring it up again later. Apparently he is far more attentive than I give him credit for. I had noticed about a month ago that Paramore was coming to concert with No Doubt in May. Seeing the date I thought it was the day his sister was going to be induced for her 3rd baby. So I joked with him, that is was too bad, or I might try to win tickets to the concert off the radio station. Okay, so if you can't tell, I like Paramore, in fact he tried to find any of their CDs for me for Christmas, but every place he went was sold out. I have been living on my Twilight soundtrack he could find instead. So like a good husband he told me on Mothers day that he had gotten us tickets to their concert.
So now the panic sets in. I wonder how to go to a concert like this?!? I'm not that young and hip, I just like the music and think it would be cool to see them. In situations like these the shyness returns to the surface and I want to go into shut down. Given how sweet my husband has been, I don't think I can do that. So I will keep pushing off the thought and keep pushing through all the way till the day after the concert. I love my Paramour(meaning my husband not the band), and the thoughtfulness can't be passed up.

2 comments:

Krista said...

What do you mean you're not that young and hip? Could have fooled me. But then again....I'm old enough to be your big sister.

Linda said...

You just need to see me at a Keith Urban concert, and then you wouldn't worry about being young and hip. Just scream, sing and do what you feel like! I was so hoarse after Keith's last concert! Old ladies shouldn't bounce and dance either, but I did..

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.