Saturday, February 7, 2009

I was tagged....Honest Scrap


Ok, so apart of this tag I am supposed to give 10 "juicy" things about myself. "Juicy" and me have never really coincided or really ever been in the same room for that fact. So I guess I will give 10 things about myself that most people won't know, or those who do will remember vaguely. That and considering my sister tagged me almost a week ago, I need to stop slacking and figure it out. :P

1. I enjoyed the wrong part of highschool. To put it simply I didn't really break out of my shell till about a year after I was married. I liked going to classes and learning, looking back on it, but the social aspect just reminds me of anxiety. If I had relaxed a little bit maybe I would of had more fun.

2. My sister who "To dink or not to Dink" once told me when I was little that I was so uptight that she could put a piece of coal between my butt cheeks, that she would find a diamond there by the end of the day. I was a pretty uptight child.

3. I LOVE stale popcorn! It started when "Sea Monkeys" would have movie nights at our house growing up with friends or boyfriends. I had to go to bed early and couldn't have the treats that they had, and it utterly annoyed me. So I would wake up early the next Saturday morning to watch cartoons and eat their stale left over popcorn and treats that they left out.

4. I hated my dimples growing up. I would hide my face if I were smiling so that people wouldn't see them, even tried a modified smile that didn't really look like a smile, but it all still showed my dimples despite my efforts to conceal them.

5. I had a mild crush on the same boy growing up for most of my childhood. Thought he was cute at a young age, and never really changed that opinion. I even asked him out once but completely blew the date.

6. I once warned my son who had hit his sister that if he I saw him ever hit her again that I would tape his hands together. So he did about 5 minutes later, and I taped his hands toghether and he couldn't stop laughing. After a half an hour I took the tape off (because he was in time out in his room still laughing) when he promised he wouldn't do it again. He then proceeded to tell every one we ran into for the next week, store clerks, family, neighbors, strangers, the whole time laughing about it. I learned that he does better with time outs and privilidges taken away.

7. Let me preface that I am the youngest of 5 kids, which means I have 3 older sisters and one older brother. When I was little and didn't know about the facts of life I kept thinking that my sisters were unwrapping chocolate and eating it in the bathroom, around the same time every month.

8. I've seen at least 3 Planet of the Ape movies, and have to say that it took a great deal of stamina to stay awake to watch the whole thing... I may have to change that number to 2 and a half.

9. My poor cousin Jodi! To add to my list of uptight children aspects. She was making me a peanut butter and jam sandwich at their house that was directly behind mine growing up. She didn't make the sandwhich the same way that my Mom made them. She put the Jam on one side of the bread and the peanut butter on the other side and then put the two pieces together. My mom would put the peanut butter on and then spread the jam over the top of the peanut butter, then put the other slice of bread on. Apparently this upset me greatly, because I remember running out of their kitchen and all the way home crying.

10. We lived close to a shopping complex that was a walk away from our appartment when we were first married. About a month into the marriage we were walking with friends to go to dinner at Wingers that was just a walk away. While we were walking two teenage girls started eyeing my husband and his friend and said "hi" rather enticingly. My reaction is not what I would have expected. I put my hand in her face showing my wedding ring and said "Excuse ME!" Not my finest moment. My husband still laughs about it though. He thought he was going to have to stop me from fighting her. (I'm rolling my eyes at the thought)

So now I am supposed to tag people. To be honest there are very few followers of my blog. That would leave the person who tagged me, which now is inellidgible, and then there is the people that she already tagged... So I guess who ends up getting tagged are the people who come upon my blog that know me. The only people I can think of that might pop in every once in a while is Anita, Wendy, Heather, and Susan. So tag if you are "fortunate" enough to pop in and read my blog. :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

eating candy in the bathroom, eh? Boy where you in a for a shock when you found out what they were REALLY doing!

Karen said...

Chocolate!!!! I wish!!!! Dang, why didn't I think of that.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.