Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ring

I think I've learned my lesson to not tempt the fates. After being at work for about 10 minutes yesterday, with knocking things over and spilling things multiple times I joked with the pharmacist that she would have wished I would have just stayed in bed that day. Now more than her, I am almost wishing that myself. For those of you that don't already know, I have lost the big diamond off my wedding ring. I have a nagging feeling that it made its way into somebodies prescription bag that I was helping. FYI if they tell you when they sell you the ring to be weary of the diamond falling out, also make note that the prongs that attach the diamond to the rest of the ring need to be checked too. The most ironic thing about it is, that when we bought the ring the jeweler said that sleeping with the ring on it would wear it down and we would likely loose one of the diamonds. I was a good wife and never slept with it on, for crying out loud I wouldn't use the restroom and keep it on my finger for fear it would fall off in the flushing basin by some odd twist of fate. I only wore it when I went outside the house, because it kind of felt like leaving the house with out pants on if I did. Stewing about it won't bring it back. My husband still loves me, and that's more important than the ring itself.
The other interesting fact is that one of the girls I work with got a call earlier that day from her husband to call him right away. Come to find out he got his hand smashed under a forklift, and when they pulled it back off his hand was obviously bruised, but his wedding ring that was supposed to be indestructible was in 3 pieces. Last I heard his hand was alright, just sad about the ring.
The one good piece of news is that Ali now has her 6th permanent tooth coming in after literally pushing out the baby tooth today. Started to dejunk around my house and realized that I was indeed starting to become a pack rat. I will stop that dead in its tracks!!! So my project for the next little while is discovering hidden treasures and junk to throw out.

2 comments:

Krista said...

I'm so sorry about your diamond! Maybe your hubby could by you a new, bigger one! The bad thing is you now share a budget and you'll think of 500 other ways to spend the money. I hope it turns up.

Linda said...

Oh I'm so sorry! That's just awful! Your car, too! I eat stress 3 meals a day, as well...Can't get away from it.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.