Saturday, January 3, 2009

B's recipes

So my youngest child thinks she is going to be a gourmet chef. Three times now I walk into the kitchen after running down to do wash, going to bathroom, or anything and come back to find her making her own recipe. Given her age these concoctions she has come up with are less than appetizing. She has mixed things from cold cereal, water, jello, crackers, cookie dough from the fridge, popcorn kernels, muffin mix and milk. Not in any particular combination. Maybe I shouldn't let her mix cookie dough with me anymore. Do any of you have suggestions on how to guide my budding personal chef?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I could give you pratical advice or advice you will hear from some overachieving moms. Hmmmm, which way to go.

Ok. Both. Kid cook books with pictures could be your friend. You could even make some simple ones yourself with pictures and let her know that these are the recipe/dishes you would like her to make. Or.....you could do what I do and put locks on everything. They have me outnumbered 4 to 1.

Karen said...

I meant to say how creative I think B is. Those are interesting combinations.

Krista said...

Just give up on trying to tame the budding chef. Mine is 8 1/2 years old and it doesn't matter how many times I tell her, she still makes "recipes" in the kitchen. Once she went around the neighborhood and sold homemade cookies that were so gross no one would eat them. And they were three weeks old! Buy an apron and chef hat and call it good!

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.