Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm out of style!

I am not the typical female. I HATE shopping. Well....maybe not hate exactly, I just don't like doing it because I am once again reminded that clothes on my body do not look good on me like it does on the mannequin or even the hanger for that fact. I've had 3 kids! I have major stress! I have limited time and what time I do have I have a hard time giving up to managing what I eat and exercising like I should. The error alone remains with me. It is my lone responsibility for what I look like is left up to me, and no one else. Having said that... I still remain out of style. :) My friend Stephanie took me out shopping, and she is an absolute sweet heart to deal with a difficult non shopper! She really didn't get anything for herself, but gave me feed back. She is pregnant so I don't blame her for not wanting to shop for clothes. As we were looking at shoes I mentioned that I thought that some of the shoes looked more like an art project than something I would wear. Not that they weren't cute shoes....just not me. She had to drag me to two shoe stores before I agreed on a pair. (This is the reason why I think guys don't like shopping with women.) I also have an argument with style makers who think that just because I'm short that everything else on me is small too. The pants don't fit in one way or another or just don't look right. The shirts may fit but there is one section that is a little over stretched and doesn't look right either. So I happily remain out of style because I hate trying on clothes and realizing that once again that cute shirt looks hideous on me. I will wear my out of date clothes and shoes, and be happy because they fit me. So as much as I like watching fashion and seeing it, it is not for me. I am not fashionable, but I appreciate those that are, and give kudos to them! They look great, and that is wonderful!

Ok...now back to my real life. I didn't sleep a whole lot last night. Brie kept waking up screaming, crying, or just plain shouting "MOM!" most of the night. Yes, she has an ear infection. I took this moment to reflect back on the fact that last night was reminiscent of having a newborn in my house. I instantly became grateful that I have a 3 year old with an ear infection and not a newborn. Also I got to take a nap this morning and switched shifts with my husband so we could recuperate on loss of sleep. So I am so grateful that I have 3 kids, the youngest being 3, who is Poop Trained...just not potty trained! the oldest who is a good reader and has better fashion sense than her mom! The middle child who cracks me up daily, and is perfecting the art of smooth talking early on! So here are my thanks sent out to the world for my life as it is. Some things may suck in my life, but overall there are things I just wouldn't give up or change.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well put!! I too am thankful for my life with it's twists and turns, ups and downs. It would lose it's luster if everything were straight and flat.

I have some hints on clothes shopping if you like. I have similiar "issues" and have recently (like in the past week) found some great stuff and at a reasonable price that F-I-T-S!!!

Heather said...

I have the same problem with clothes, but if you want a good store to shop at, go to Fashion Bug. Try the right fit jeans! The have petite pants, but their shirts are made for longer torsos and fit really well. Watch their deals because they often have half off everything or buy one get one for a dollar. They also usually have coupons if you do a google search for printable fashion bug coupons. There's usually one for 20.00 off of 50.00 if you use your visa debit or credit. I honestly live off of Fashion Bug... and they are always in style!!! Sign up for their emails, they send coupons once in a while and they let you know of great deals.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.