Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Its poisonous to me!"

Ok, so from my last post you know that my youngest has an ear infection. When I took her into the doctor, I was instructed to give her mucinex (guaifenesin is the generic name and cheaper....) for a couple of days. The antibiotic she loves that taste of, pink bubblegum you can't seem to go wrong! She has actually asked for it during the middle of the day when she doesn't need to take it. The guaifenesin on the other hand...well, we have a drink of water ready on hand after. If I had been smart I would have gotten the little melt away packets, instead of the generic awful tasting liquid. But no....I'm a little cheap and figured that the taste couldn't be that different. The other night as I told her shouldn't couldn't have the bubble gum flavored stuff until she took the "other" one. She tried negotiating, with no avail. I firmly let her know I was standing my ground when I told her I would get her Dad to hold her down while I put the medicine down her throat if I had to. So after much talking, threatening and advancing she took it all by herself, with a quick glass of water after. She then told me "Mom I think that medicine is poisonous to me!"
That alone would be funny in and of it by itself. Well tonight as her Dad got her medicine together before she went for bed, she told him "No poison tonight!" So because she is doing better, and it's not the antibiotic, she did not have "poison" tonight. Tomorrow morning on the other hand will be a different battle depending on tonight. :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ya....my son shares your youngest's opinion. That girl cracks me up. She is hours and hours of entertainment. It was good to see you and the whole family last night. I hope your other half's back is feeling up to par soon.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.