Wednesday, January 21, 2009

6 inches gone! (if only it were weight!)

I have pondered of all the things I should blog about, seeing as it has been quite a while. My life is currently boring. :) Really not a big complaint. I would take boring to roller coaster any day and not have a blog at all, except for the few recipes I decide to share. So the one exciting thing that happened today is that I got my hair chopped off. When I say chopped I am referring to some one cutting 6 inches at least off of my head. I need to be more specific! Let me explain. The last time I got my hair cut it was about 1 and a half years ago and I donated about 8 inches to locks of love. (couldn't do that this time, I have wash out dye that didn't wash out!) I got a really cute cut that was shorter, just below my shoulders and learned how to style it so that it had body and looked really really cute. So I tried describing to the stylist how I wanted it cut. I said I wanted layers, cut a lot shorter, but still be able to pull it back in pony tail. So I got what I described. Just a little bit shorter than what I had originally intended. So when I pull my hair back there is a very tiny little pony tail. It is cute, but I have to curl my hair now. My kind husband in the middle of getting it cut sent our three year old over to tell me "That's too short Mommy!" Owell, hair grows and it's not an awful cut, just something to get used to.

p.s. One little brag moment, my oldest child got her testing back from school and she is the highest in her class, and she is actually 2 sections ahead of the rest of her class in reading. Oh crap, just dawned on me that someday my kids may actually be smarter than me... I guess I have at least 20 years right?!? That I will always have the line "because I'm the Mom and I know better."

3 comments:

Krista said...

Why do hairdressers always cut too short? I learned not to let mine talk about her husband when she's mad at him! You should have put a picture on of your new do! About your kids getting smarter than you....it happens too soon. Lucky we are smart enough to not strangle the little smart alecs!

Linda said...

I'll bet it's cute! Post a picture!!

Karen said...

I love the new cut!!!!It is so cute on you.

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.