Monday, October 20, 2008

Why I love being a Mom

How lame is the title. Pretty lame! But to put it simple at the end of the day being a mom is something that I'm pretty lucky and proud to be. After I have had to fight to put kids to bed after a long day, trying to clean up a house, make meals, lunches, get kids dressed in clothes/pjs each for over a half hour because they have one more thing that they want to talk to me about. The three little sleeping bugs in the other room look entirely sweet and have so much potential that I was blessed to observe and try and guide.

I've made a small ritual between my son and I. He is not a morning person. Just like his parents! :) School starts before he would like to be awake some days, and he will ask me why he has to get up, and tells me that he is still soo soo sooooo tired. So now when I go to wake him up in the morning, I climb in the bed beside him, grab half of his covers, and tell him that him and I are going to stay there and sleep all day long. I thought this reverse pschology would work on him. I should know better! He just snuggles in closer and says "Okay Mom!" and then laughs and closes his eyes. So we stay there for a few minutes and then Brie will come bounding in and want to join in, despite the fact she's been up for at least an hour by this point, and tries to snuggle in right between us, and Trev will usually get up... or possible say "Brie(note there would be a hint of whine to this) this is my bed." He just ends up in a better mood if I wake him up this way. I can only imagine 10 years from now and having to climb in to bed and steal his covers to get him up then, and I'm sure it won't always be so warmly recieved, but for now I'll take it and run with it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I, unfortunately, have no trouble getting my kids up in the morning. They are up early every morning. Wouldn't want to miss Curious George, you know. I suppose I'll be thankful for early risers once they start school but for now I wish they would sleep in at least once a week. That's all I want!

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.