Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Strawberry sugar cookies

I decided that I would post recipes when I have nothing better to say. So here is my recipe for Strawberry sugar cookies (my husband says that they are strawberry jello cookies and won't stop saying so till I note it.), or any other desired flavor of sugar cookies you might thing you want to try.

Ingredients
1/2 cup margarine 1/2 cup butter 3 eggs 1 cup sugar
1(3oz) package of gelatin(Desired flavor for cookies)
3 cups flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt

Cream margarine, butter, sugar and gelatin until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat thoroughly. Add Dry ingredients and mix. Chill several hours in fridge. Roll 1/2 dough at a time, into 1/4 inch thick, and cut into desired cookie cutter shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for about 8 minutes, cool and then decorate or eat plain.

Note, I have used other combinations for butter/margarine/shortening. Any combination seems to have worked so far. Raspberry is a good strong flavor, as well as orange as well. I've done Lime flavored, and I liked it, but the rest of my family didn't care as much for it.
So enjoy the recipe, and take it or leave it. Recipes to look forward too, when I have nothing better to say....Banana bread, Bread maker rolls, Homemade chocolate cake. Mostly the stuff people will actually request me to make. :)

My husband says that I also need to mention I orginally got this one from his mother. So thanks to her as well if you like it. (I've made small modifications)

3 comments:

Wendy L said...

I wasn't kidding about the ice cream. It would be fun to catch up, if you have time. I know you are super busy, but if ever need to just chat let me know!

Karen said...

I tagged you. I will have to try this one. How do you think it would be with lime?

Kara said...

I liked it with the lime personally. My kids didn't mind it, not their first choice, but it was still good enough to eat.:)

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.