Sunday, November 16, 2008

Streaker

I have been attempting to potty train my 3 year old. *sigh* So you think most of the time I'm glad when she tells me she needs to go "potty". Truth be said, I am most of the time. We made it once at church today, and she did number 2 in the toilet twice today, so I have to say she is making progress! So tonight we had dinner at my in laws, and she tells me that she needs to go "potty", I rush her in, she does her business great, and we wash up and go back out. So right before we leave to go home we get all three kids in P.J.'s and while I get her undressed, she immediately books it away from me once she is stark naked. I tackled her down and she immediately starts to giggle then starts saying frantically "I need to go potty", so I let her go and she runs to the bathroom. Little did I know that she would lock the door behind her with me on the outside while she went "potty". So I finally convince her to turn the handle and let me in to help her wash her hands (I had already heard her flush the toilet). After were done washing hands, she runs out of the bathroom giggling while I try and chase after her telling her she needs to get a pull-up on, when my father in law notices that she has toilet paper stuck in her cheeks. *sigh* So I chase after her again, and take care of that situation back in the bathroom, and then it took 4 of us after that to be able to keep her tackled long enough to get pull-up and P.J.'s on. She protested right before we zipped up her sleeper that she didn't get to put them on by herself. *pause* Life with her is going to always be interesting!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

potty training is the bane of my existence!

Karen said...

I love that child! We all know I have a soft spot for the wild ones anyway. :)

Squirty Wart said...

That little girl is a riot!

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.