Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm waiting for some place warm to freeze over.

Ok, to put it bluntly, I'm taken back by what help I've been getting lately. I have a bad head cold that wakes me up at night, blow my nose or wipe it depending on what stage of night I'm at, scare the kids silly every time I blow, can't hear me because my voice is gone most of the time head cold. I would not wish any one a bad head cold. You'd really really have to piss me off for me even to consider it, and considering I didn't really understand what pissed off really was till I got married that says a lot! (even my husband agrees to that statement:) So my husband has cooked the last two dinners...stir fry the first night, and homemade hamburgers and french fry's tonight. He's offered to let me sleep in the past two mornings that I've been off work. This is not saying that I didn't know it was in him...I did, I'm just appreciating it more right now. So I'm waiting for some place warm to start getting really cold or I'm going to wake up, because it's been a while. If it's a dream, I think I'll sleep longer. :)

An update on the potty training. We decided to try bribery with Brie. Every time she uses the potty for the true purpose, we'll give her a treat. So this works for part of the day. One problem. I've tucked her in bed, and I hear her say after she's been quiet for a good 5 minutes. "Mom! I want a treat!" *argh* So now she thinks things that she has to do, because she has to, she gets a treat for. (No I didn't give her a treat! It was slightly tempting for a minute...)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad you are getting the care that you need right now.

and I am SO not looking forward to potty training. I keep asking Zoey if she is ready and she says "No, not until I'm 3" And I learned, the hard way with Adam you cannot force a child who is not ready yet to use the potty! It just frustrates everybody! And so, we wait...

Karen said...

Sorry about the head cold. I hate those too!

That youngest of yours cracks me up!

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.