Sunday, November 23, 2008

Is there something in the air?

Why is it that kids typically gang up and act out at the same time? I literally think I looked like I was juggling Brie today during sacrament meeting. We sat on the very back row, by where the partition opens....bad choice!!!!!!! She decided to see what would happen if she moved the handle.... After removing her from the situation, I counted backwards and forwards from 1 to 10, 10 to 1 and proceeded to try and keep her from distracting any one else after that. Not a successful week for us. She decided to pat the guys hand in the bench 2 feet in front of us to say "hi", she kept insisting on trying to lay down and pushing her feet into the little boy in another family sitting next to us. Tried crawling on the floor, and because it was a walk way right in front of us she also thought she could spread out like a baby and take the coloring book with her and block the walk way. After removing her from this small hindrances to those around us, she makes herself go limp, and curls her legs from underneath her, so every time I go to pull her up on my lap she will bring my skirt up with her. *I'm putting my head down and shaking it* I don't think any one caught sight of anything above my knee...at least I'm praying no one did, for every ones sake. She can be soo cute, and yet so entirely obnoxious! So some how I make it through sacrament meeting with out pulling all of my hair out or hers for that matter. So since were "potty training" *eye roll* I take her down to the bathroom to try and then she decides she's going to run all the way back to nursery, which mind you is on the opposite end of the building...both times I take her to try...which was fruitless. At least the ladies in the library got a kick out of me trying to catch her both times, whispering the whole way, "Brie! Brie! We don't run in the church!"
On a lighter note, she kept saying she was going to play ball underneath the kitchen table during dinner. Imagination is not in short supply in our house!!! If you need some we have some to spare!

No comments:

White Knuckle Grip

My photo
What striving to keep a grip on life produces.